Almost daily I get questions about development for SharePoint Online. Now there’s a developer guide available. The document is very large (35Mb) so get some coffee while downloading …
The SharePoint Online Standard Developer Guide is now available for download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d007f35e-375c-4b11-bc40-bc9082bb224a&displaylang=en.
Some of the main topics covered (and tested) include:
1. Customization capabilities and limitations.
2. Custom templates, master pages, style sheets.
3. Data Form Web Parts (adding, editing, deleting, sorting, filtering list items).
4. The 20 site admin templates of the fantastic forty (the other 20 are of type server admin templates and require custom code) are tested and they work with SharePoint Online.
5. List of supported and unsupported SharePoint Online web services.
6. Integrating Microsoft Silverlight with SharePoint Online.
7. No-code Workflows using SharePoint Designer.
8. Code examples and scenarios as appropriate.