Guy Greese of Burton Group is covering a number of sessions at the SharePoint Conference. This blogpost is about Coca Cola Enterprises who has moved from Lotus Notes / Domino to Microsoft Online Services. Lot’s of statistics in Guy’s post so make sure you head on over to his blog for all the details.
Notes from the Coca-Cola presentation at Microsoft’s SharePoint Conference 2009.
73,000 employees: 30,000 knowledge workers. 40,000+ employees that work out of factories and depots. 2.4 vending machines and coolers. 30Is the largest marketer and distributor of Coca-Cola products.
- Needed a more effective way to collaborate
- No robust and integrated enterprise solution
- Too many partners providing dozens of communication and collaboration solutions
- Move from being support focused
- Lack of governance
A Lotus Notes shop.
Vision: Establish digital communications as a key enabler to engage employees with the company, drive effectiveness and efficiency and improve collaboration and innovation.
- Deliver the next generation Intranet
- Create a more collaborative environment
- Simplify integration
- Create two-way communication
- Consolidate multiple technical infrastructures
- Leverage existing infrastructure
… Continue at Source : BPOS at Coca-Cola Enterprises by Guy Creese